Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Breakfast Biscuits


Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Okay, so that has nothing to do with what I'm about to post, but it was stuck in my head and I just had to get it out! Tell me someone can relate!

I made these a couple weekends ago when my nephews spent the night. They were so easy to make, and tasted great too!

The recipe I got this from called for using a whole biscuit, but I halved the biscuits to make them into minis.

 
Add  your eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl, mix until combined.
  
After the biscuits have cooked for 6 minutes take them out of the oven and press down the middles using the end of a wooden spoon to make room for the egg mixture. I used some funky wooden thing that fit perfectly into the mini biscuit. I couldn’t tell you what it’s called if my life depended on it. If I find out the name, I’ll be sure to let you know!

Once you’ve poured the egg mixture into the biscuits add the bacon pieces and shredded cheese to the top. I think the next time I make them I’ll also add in mushrooms.  You could really add just about anything to these. Except maybe chocolate, that just wouldn’t be right. But I’m sure you’ve already figured that out. Who am I kidding; the thought of adding chocolate to them probably never even crossed your mind! Moving on……
 
Put them back in the oven, and this is the finished project.
 
Enjoy! Let me know what you add in yours when you try them.
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate

Breakfast  Biscuits

4 large eggs
2 Tablespoons milk
1 can refrigerated biscuits, 10 count
6 strips cooked  bacon, crumbled
1/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place eggs into mixing bowl and add milk, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Cut biscuits in halve. Press each biscuit halve into 20 mini size muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 6 minutes, remove from oven and with the end of a wooden spoon press centers of dough to make room for egg mixture. Pour in egg mixture into each partially baked biscuit, top evenly with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are set.



1 comment:

  1. Those look wonderful! I like your new blog good luck .

    ReplyDelete