Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pesto and Chicken Pizza


There is a new found love of pesto in my house-hold. I originally bought it to make this pizza. Imagine my surprise when there was barely enough left when I finally got around to making it! 

First start out by making your dough. Here is what it looks like before it sits…

and after.
I love the smell of yeast… it reminds me of beer. But I don’t like beer.
Strange?
I know, right!
It’s the “normal” people you have to look out for!

Anyways, stretch the dough out to fit on a pan. I used a round pizza stone for mine.

Add the pesto and mozzarella.

Lastly add the chicken on top.

Bake at 350 for about 18-20min.

Enjoy!
Although pizza isn’t the hardest thing to make, I was proud of how good this turned out!

Recipe
1 to 2 chicken breasts cooked and cut up
2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup pesto (enough for a thin layer)
Dough
1 packet drive active yeast
1 1/8 cup hot water
2 tblsp honey
2 tblsp olive oil
3 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
Start with the dough.  Add the yeast and hot water into a mixing bowl. Let it sit for about ten minutes. Add in the honey, olive oil, flour and salt. Mix with a dough attachment on you mixer until combined.  You can mix this by hand as well if you don’t have a mixer.  Set the dough in a bowl coated in oil, cover and let sit for 3hrs. When dough is ready preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Stretch the dough out and lay it on a pizza stone or baking sheet.  Spread a layer of the pesto on the dough. Then sprinkle your mozzarella cheese on top of that. Lastly add the cut up chicken. Put it in the oven and bake for about 18-20min or until the crust is golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment