Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ice cream cupcakes

So, I realize that summer is over now and we’re into my favorite season of fall, leaves changing colors and crunching on the ground, hot fresh doughnuts, and apple cider, especially the slushy apple cider. Come to think of it I have yet to make it to the cider mill this year! Excuse me as I digress. 

While I'm digressing, can I just say how much I love watching my food pictures load on the computer. I love how they are all in order, clearly, and I feel like I'm watching the food being prepared and cooked again. I thought you might like to know that, if not too bad, because you do now!


Anyway, it may be far from summer but I just had to share these. My oldest nephews’ birthday this past July was a circus theme and I thought that these would be great for all the kids. The cake didn’t cook up as high as I thought it would, but the frosting was just right and made them look amazingly real.








YUM!

Use any box of cake mix you want and prepare it like you normally would. I set up the ice cream cones in a muffin pan, and it worked out great for me. You fill the cones about ¾ of the way up.
I filled mine up yea high. So if you want your cupcakes to be higher out of the cone when they’re done cooking, fill them up some more.
This is what they should look like when they come out of the oven. Some of them caved in a little. Let them cool completely before frosting.
I used a butter cream frosting, but use whatever frosting works best for you. I first put a small mound in the middle of the cupcake then funneled it around much like you would see on a soft serve cone.
Don’t forget the sprinkles!
The birthday boy loved them.
Clearly, so did his little brother!

Ice cream cone cupcakes
1 box of cake mix
24 flat bottom ice cream cones
Frosting
Sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Follow the instructions on the back of your box of cake mix. Place ice cream cones into regular size muffin tin. Fill ice cream cones ¾ of the way with cake batter. Cook cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Cool cupcakes completely and cover with frosting. Then add sprinkles.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog Cecelia!! I'm trying to do the same thing, but yours is cooler. I guess I still have a couple years to catch up to you lol.

    ReplyDelete