Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pizza Pot Pie


You MUST try these! I’m not playing around here, you really MUST try these. 
Whenever I try a new recipe I’m always excited to see how it will turn out. When I made these little babies I literally stopped mid-chew and said “OMG these are so good, these are really good.” Most of what I make is good, but never this good.
So now do you see what I mean when I say you really MUST try these? Geesh, I think you would start to trust me by now (we are best friends aren’t we?) and just do what I say. Like when I say I need one of these you would just go out and buy me one.
Not going to? Well I had to try…
Since these were so good, I made them for a second time a few weekends ago when some of my cousins were over to hang out.

First start by making the dough.
In a bowl add the flour, yeast, and salt.
Add in the oil…..
And then honey…
Lastly add in the water…
Mix it all together let it sit in a lightly oiled bowl covered with a towel for about 2-3hours and this will become……
This!
While the dough is setting up, grill your chicken breasts.
 
Once the chicken has cooled, slice it and divide it equally into the ramekins.
Mix your seasoning into the sauce. I used the prego tomato sauce then added some pizza seasoning and an Italian seasoning.
Slice up the pepperoni and add it on top of the chicken.
Then add the sauce.
Top with the mozzarella cheese. I added a nice thick layer to each. Love me some cheese!
Delish!
When the dough is ready divide it and cover each of the ramekins. Brush the tops with olive oil and bake.
They should come out looking something like this.
This is what I love so much about cooking; you can try your own take on recipes. So have fun, and most of all ENJOY!
Serves 4
Recipe adapted from Howsweeteats
8 ounces chicken breast, cooked
2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons italian seasoning
2 cups tomato sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
whole wheat pizza dough
Preheat oven to 375. Set out 4 small ramekins.
Divide chicken, cheeses, pepperoni, and  italian seasoning evenly into the 4 ramekins. Add equal amounts of tomato sauce to each bowl.
Cover with a very thin round of whole wheat pizza dough. Brush dough with olive oil. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes, or until dough is golden brown.

Crust Topping
 
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 – 1/2 cup lukewarm water
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon honey
Combine flour, sea salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Add water, honey and olive oil, and stir until dough comes together. Continue to form dough into a ball with your hands. Add more water 1 tablespoon at a time as necessary.
Place in lightly oiled bowl and cover. Let rise for 2-3 hours.
When ready, roll dough out very thin.

Can I show you just one more thing?
CANDY STEW!!!!
We also made this at our “get-together,” it’s one of our favorite things to do. Just mix all your favorite cadies together.







No comments:

Post a Comment