Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Better Than Crack Brownies


What better way to start off a new cooking blog than with some better than crack brownies? I’d have to say it’s a great way to get you addicted and wanting to come back for more!

Just take a look at these beauties. Am I right or what?
So I’ve just recently started in this cooking/blogging world and I’m loving every second of it!
But really, what’s not to love, especially when you learn new recipes like this one? And they’re so simple too!
First you start out by making a batch of brownies. I went the easy route and bought a box mix. You can use any recipe you like if you don’t want to use box mix.
Added some oil, water, and two eggs.  (following the directions on the back of the box.)
Poured it in a pan and baked it at 350 for about 20 to 25 min.

When it’s done baking add the chopped peanut butter cups and peanuts to the top.


Doesn’t it look SO good? Try and refrain from digging a fork in right now. Trust me the finished product is well worth the wait!
Pop them back in the oven for about 4 to 6 more minutes.
While the brownies are finishing, combine the butter, peanut butter, and chocolates chips together in a pan on the stove. Cook until everything is melted and well combined then add in your rice krispies.


When the brownies are done in the oven, pour the peanut butter chocolate mixture evenly over the top.

Lastly, let the brownies cool in the fridge for two hours.
Oh my goodness, I want one right now! I brought these bad boys into work and they were gone within minutes. My co-workers will be reaping a lot of my cooking benefits. I have a feeling they aren’t going to mind to much. Would you?
Recipe from Howsweeteats
1 batch brownies
1/2 cup salted peanuts (if don’t have salted, add sea salt)
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.
While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving

2 comments:

  1. Well I have to admit that I have reaped the benefits from this blog also. I can tell you first hand that this recipe is wonderful. I dare you to try them. When you do you will be always thinking up a special occasion to bake them. How about a special treat for when the kids get home from school. Now go get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brownies were delicious and definitely addicting! When are you making more to share?

    ReplyDelete