Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas cupcakes

I’m addicted to the site pinterest. Tell me you know about this site!
If not, you must be living under a rock.
Or maybe it’s me that is living under the rock?
Yeah, that must be it!
Well, I found a picture with these on the site. I thought they were so cute. Of course, I tried them out immediately!
They were relatively simple, and everyone loved them.


I found these cute cupcake holders at Target and thought they would be perfect! Tis’ the season, right?
Start by making cupcakes as directed on the back of your cake mix.
YUMMM! I personally love cupcakes fresh and hot out of the oven without any frosting or anything else contaminating them. For these cupcakes I used a box of funfetti holiday mix.
While the cupcakes cool, make your fondant. Add water to the marshmallows and microwave.
Then add in the powdered sugar, combine until the fondant mix is no longer sticky.
When the fondant is ready divide it so you can dye it with the red and black coloring.
Once the fondant is colored, roll it out. I cut the red color about one inch long a leg. The shoes (black fondant) I cut about half an inch a piece. Take the tooth pick and stick it through the red fondant with a little poking through the one side for when you have to attach the shoe.
Here they are, almost finished!
Complete! I ran out of fondant at the very end and had to use mini marshmallows for two of the cupcakes. I colored them black with cookie markers. Can you tell which ones they are?
Oh, Santa!
Christmas cupcakes
1 box of cake mix (prepare as directed for 24 cupcakes)
48 tooth picks
1 container pre-made frosting
Fondant

Marshmallow fondant recipe
Recipe found here I halved it!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment