Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cucumber Boats

I can’t believe that we’re a little over a week out from Christmas right now. It really doesn’t feel like Christmas time to me.
I admit it could be because it’s warmer than usual and currently rainy outside. I won’t complain though. I’d rather have to drive in the rain than deal with the snow. I’ve lived in the same state for all my life and I don’t think I’ll ever look forward to driving in that stuff!
But, I am proud to say that I’m almost done with my Christmas shopping. I have a few odds and ends to pick up. What about you?
I found this recipe on pinterest as well.
It TRULY is addicting!
I love that this recipe was simple to make and is a light refreshing appetizer.


Halve the cucumber, like so.

Scrape out the insides with a spoon.
Then you cut up one of the halves and add in your other ingredients. Mix them together and put the mixture back into the boats. Slice and server! (Sorry I didn’t get a chance to take more pictures! I’m only human!)


I put salt in mine, but thought it was too much personally
Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from bitedelite
  • 2 cucumbers (about 1 pound each)
  • 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or dill, chopped
  • freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  1. Cut the cumbers lengthwise, and remove the seeds, then cut a small strip off the bottom of one side so that the cucumber half will set level, without falling over.
  2. Use the other half of the cucumber and dice into 1/4 inch pieces.  Combine the diced cucumbers with feta cheese, dill, and pepper. Divide the mixture between the 2 cucumber “boats”, then slice into 1 1/2 inch pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment